And just like that, another year is ending and another chapter is closing. 2015 has been a really tough year for me. There was a lot of stress, anxiety, worry, and unnecessary overthinking. However, there were still moments that were filled with nothing but genuine happiness and gratefulness. So to close the year off, I am going to share with you the 15 things I learned in 2015. I hope that even just one lesson from the list below will help you in whatever you’re going through right now. ❤
- In order for good things to come your way, you need to believe you deserve them.
- The difference between hobby and passion is that a hobby is something you do to relieve stress, while a passion is something you’re willing to be stressed about.
- Happy is the person who prays as he waits and never loses his patience because God’s time is the perfect time.
- Talk to Him every day because He listens when you pray.
- When you’re alone, a good TV show is all the company you need.
- If you feel like crying, then cry. It’s normal to feel overwhelmed, anxious, or worried. But always remember that tomorrow will be a better day.
- Never be ashamed of what you love just because other people don’t love it as much as you do.
- Learn how to take a joke.
- Your college course should not define your future.
- Do not believe in the things you tell yourself late at night.
- Be kind and learn to see the good in people. Always.
- You will never be truly happy if you put all your attention to school work. There are more important things in life than your grades.
- Appreciate the people who love you and who choose and make the effort to stay in your life. Be grateful for them because not everyone is lucky enough to have that.
- Whatever you do, never run back to what broke you.
- A year from now, you will wish you had started today.
As 2015 comes to a close, I want to leave all the negativity and self-doubt with it. I want to let go of all the pain and stress it caused me, as well as the fears it gave me. Here’s to welcoming 2016 with my arms wide open, promising myself that I will NEVER let myself fall as bad as I did in 2015.
Hello 2016. I hope you’re a great one.
xo, moira ❤