Wow. 18 years of existence.
So yeah… it’s my 18th birthday today and I’m going to have my debut! I feel excited but at the same time nervous!!! I used to just dream and wonder what it would feel like to have a debut and finally be 18, and now, it’s actually happening. But to be honest, I don’t really feel like I’m 18. Gosh, I don’t even look like 18! But still, over the past years, I have learned sooo many lessons in life and I think it’s a good idea to share some of them with you. Here are the 18 things I learned by 18:
- Be careful what you wish for. (I once wished to get sick so that I could get a day off from school. And guess what I got? Dengue.)
- Enroll/participate in extra curricular activities, especially when you’re still young!
- You have to dress as good as you want to feel.
- Be kind and respectful to the people you meet.
- Find time for the things that make you happy.
- Take risks. No matter how big or small, take them. It’s worth the shot.
- Pray every single day.
- I am lucky to have a small circle of friends who I can talk to about anything under the sun. I hope you find your clique too.
- You don’t always get it on your first try, and that’s okay.
- Just breathe.
- Everyone feels afraid and broken sometimes.
- We all need to be selfish sometimes. Because if you don’t think of yourself, then who else will?
- If you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.
- As children, we saw the world as right or wrong, black or white. But in life, there are gray areas.
- Happiness is the best kind of success.
- We are who we choose to be.
- It’s believing in the impossible that makes things possible.
Happy birthday to moi? haha!
Thank you Lord for all the blessings You gave me over the past 18 years. I am forever grateful. I would never be the person I am today without Your love and guidance. I love You always! Mwah!!!
xo, moira ❤