The first monthly favorites for the year!
(1) Audrey Hepburn 2016 Calendar. If you know me personally, then you already know that I love Audrey Hepburn so much! She is one of my life goals / idols because of all her achievements, and not just her pretty face. This calendar was given to me by my cousin during my birthday because she knew how badly I needed a new one. (my old calendar was just a bond paper HAHAHA)
(2) The Tomb Raider Trilogy. I looove playing Tomb Raider so much. I feel so smart whenever I survive a challenge without the use of a walkthrough (which I think is one of the reasons why a lot of people love playing video games). However, it can get pretty frustrating when Lara Croft keeps on dying! SUCH STRESS OMG. But still, it’s fun to play and I mean, hello, Tomb Raider is a classic!
(3) Dear Alex, Break na kami. Paano?! Love, Catherine. Okay, first of all, I didn’t buy this book because I broke up with someone. I’ve never had a boyfriend or let alone, fallen in love. I actually had my best friend buy this for me for Christmas because I love Alex Gonzaga! And I couldn’t ask my parents to buy this for me kasi nga baka isipin nila na may lovelife ako when in reality, my lovelife doesn’t even exist HAHAHA. Surprisingly, Alex has a lot of stories to tell and lessons to share. From this book, you will learn that she is not just the funny and happy person you see on TV, but she’s also a person who has gone through a lot and has acquired wisdom because of those experiences. You should definitely try to read this, especially if you’re still in your teenage years.
(4) Besties. This book was given to me by one of my best friends and I was so happy to receive it because I always wasn’t sure if I should buy this book for I didn’t even know what it was about! Apparently, it’s a book about life. From self-confidence to makeup to taxes to friendship, Georgina Wilson and Solenn Heusaff have covered it all. Through Besties, you get a glimpse of their lives as best friends and they both prove that they’re more than just their pretty faces you see on screen.
(5) Memory Frame. I got this as a gift from one of my best friends and it’s so cute! It’s basically DIY but it comes with the string and pins and that DREAMER sign hahaha. If you want to know where it’s from, I’m pretty sure it’s from Typo. 🙂
(6) Eskinol Pimple Fighting Facial Deep Cleanser. I am so annoyed that I only discovered this product recently! I was always on the hunt for a good toner but I could never find one in stores. It was only a month ago that I realized that Eskinol is actually a toner. *facepalm* (akala ko kasi cleanser siya kasi sabi sa label “facial deep cleanser,” yun pala toner din ibig sabihin nun HAY MOIRA) Anyway, I’ve seen a lot of improvement on my skin when I started using this product. No joke! Kapag may pimple ako tapos ginamit ko ‘to, hindi na lumalaki or lumalala yung pimple! The pimple doesn’t instantly go away, but Eskinol definitely improved my skin for the better.
(7) Pillow Cases. I am loving these pillow cases that I got from my grandmother for my birthday. It’s so me hehehe
(8) iflix. I decided to use a free trial for iflix because why not, right? So far, I’ve mostly been watching Filipino movies from here because they’re the ones that are hard to find on the internet! I also love their shows from the Kids category because throwback ❤ They have Powerpuff Girls and Bananas in Pyjamas there! Ah my childhood!
(9) The Road. This is one of the Filipino movies that I watched on iflix. It’s basically a psychological horror film WITH A REALLY GOOD PLOT TWIST. I’m not really into horror but this one is an exemption! The story just made you want to know what really happened on that mysterious road. Plus the plot twist OMG! You should definitely check this out if you like mystery/thriller/psychopath movies hahaha.
(10) Girl Meets Money. This episode made me realize how incredibly lucky I am to be one of the few people in the world who can afford to live in a house and eat three meals a day. But I also learned that whatever blessings we have, we should share them. Just like what Minkus said in the episode, it’s true that we work hard to deserve the things that we own now. But if we keep them all to ourselves, then maybe we don’t really deserve them. You’d be surprised how even the littlest act of kindness can change a person’s life forever.
(11) Love It or List It. I am so happy that I discovered this show! Basically, it’s a show about renovations and interior design and what not, and watching it makes me feel happy about my course! Because lately, I’ve been having a lot of doubts whether my course (BS Architecture) will get me to where I want to be in life. And through Love It or List It, I suddenly remembered why I took up architecture in the first place, and that reason is because one of my ultimate dreams is to have my own TV show that focuses on renovating homes. Watching this show made me realize that I am one step closer to that dream of mine. Wow..
(12) Pia Wurtzbach interviews. I find Pia’s interviews so entertaining because she’s very genuine, smart, and also witty! It’s just a little annoying that every interview asks the same questions about the Steve Harvey thing, but you know what, Pia handled them really well. Yeah way to go Miss Universe!!
(13) Janina San Miguel’s Q&A. SOBRANG BENTA PA RIN NITO NAKAKAIYAK TAWANG-TAWA PA RIN AKO HUHUHU
(14) History by One Direction. Super LSS!
(15) Dance Rehearsals. I was finally able to dance again ❤ I love dancing so much, but I stopped when I graduated high school because college just takes up all of my time! Gosh, I really miss performing 😦 I hope that one day I’ll get the chance to be on stage again. Hay..
(16) #MoiraIs18. Of course, my debut! I don’t want to go into full detail yet, but January 9, 2016 was definitely a night to remember. I’ll hopefully blog more about this soon. 🙂 (photos by my ninong, Johnny delos Santos)
xo, moira ❤