(1) Black Choker from Fudge Rock. When chokers first became a trend, I found them really weird because they remind me of like third grade students so I did not get at all why they became popular. But now, there are more choker designs that are coming out and I love how some of them even give off girly vibes. I don’t know, there’s just something about wearing chokers that makes me feel a little bit more confident..
(2) Uncharted. I FREAKING LOVE THE UNCHARTED SERIES! If you didn’t know, I love playing Tomb Raider because Lara Croft is just so badass yet intelligent at the same time. And Nathan Drake, from Uncharted, actually reminds me of a male version of Lara. What I love about this game is its plot twists and the characters’ sense of humor, especially Nate’s! Nate and Elena are also GOALS! I also love how the game’s motto is “SIC PARVIS MAGNA,” which means “greatness from small beginnings.” I don’t know, it’s just really a lovely and hopeful saying. My favorites from the Uncharted series would have to be the first and the fourth games. I really hope they make a fifth one with *spoiler alert* Nate and Elena’s daughter! I definitely recommend that you play Uncharted if you also love video games.
(3) Monopoly Deal. I love playing this card game with my cousins because it can get so intense sometimes, but don’t worry, wala namang napipikon. This is why I love playing card or board games. They can bring out your competitive side but never to a point that you would actually feel bad if you lost because the joy it brings and the quality time you spend with your family and friends is what matters at the end of the day.
(4) Party Flippo. This is an app which is exactly the same as Pinoy Henyo, a popular guessing game here in the Philippines. It’s like the Filipino version of Charades/Taboo. I also love playing this one with my cousins! And yes, even if we are quite old for games, we still enjoy them a lot and we are not ashamed. haha!
(5) Icon Pop Quiz. I decided to download this app once again because it’s been such a long time since I played it. This game is so addicting, but too bad they didn’t release a newer version. sigh
(6) Barefoot Contessa. I have no idea why I have been watching cooking shows on YouTube. Well, I have been watching Barefoot Contessa on TV when I was a kid. There’s just something about Ina that makes you feel so relaxed and her voice is absolutely soothing. She makes me want to start to learn how to cook, but let’s face it, I might never even learn how to cook. haha!
(7) Born for You. OHMYGOD!!! I have been addicted to this TV show ever since it started. I feel like I am going to fall in love with Sam and Kevin’s story and the way Kevin looks and talks to Sam makes my heart melt every freaking time!!! Elmo Magalona and Janella Salvador have an undeniable chemistry, and I really hope that their loveteam will be as successful as the three main loveteams on ABS-CBN today. My favorite line from the show so far is “It’s not Japan. It’s you.” AAAAAHHHHHH KILIG SOBRAAA. Plus!! One thing I love about Born for You is the concept of the red string of fate, which is a belief in Japan that ever since you were born, there is already an invisible red string wrapped around your finger and it connects you to the person you were meant to spend your life with. It really makes people hopeful that someday, destiny will truly bring us to the person meant for us.
(8) English Only, Please. This is such a cute and funny movie! Derek Ramsay’s American accent makes me laugh and my favorite line from the movie would have to be “Ang taong di marunong magmahal sa sariling wika, lumaki sa ibang bansa!” HAHAHAHAHA dami kong tawa dun.
(9) Notting Hill. I finally got to watch this film and honestly, I was just waiting for Julia Roberts to say her famous line which is “I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.” What I also loved about this movie is that it’s very relaxing to watch and it made me miss the vibes that old movies give off. AND when When You Say Nothing At All played in the background, my heart just melted.
(10) How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. The moment this movie started, I was immediately drawn to it. The lead characters were just so good-looking yet smart at the same time. I love the plot twists in the movie and their love story just makes me really kilig! haha!
(11) She’s the Man. Let me start by saying that Amanda Bynes looks so cute in this movie, especially when she tries so hard to act like a boy. haha! Even if this has been released years ago, it is still very timely when it comes to issues of today like sexism. It really showed that we should never underestimate the talents and skills of a person based only on their gender. I really enjoyed this movie, and I definitely think that you should watch this too!
(12) Maniwala Ka by Donnalyn Bartolome. I have no idea why I enjoy Donnalyn’s songs so much. But when I first heard this song, Maniwala Ka, it really felt like she was talking to me because I guess I’m at a point in my life where I don’t really feel confident and I have a pretty low self-esteem nowadays. Call it baduy or jologs or what, but when you listen to the lyrics, it really makes sense and the message of the song really stands out to me, which is why I like it.
xo, moira ❤