Heart Evangelista, a well-known actress here in the Philippines, recently released her own book entitled “This is Me, Love Marie.” The book is mainly about makeup and skincare secrets that Heart uses to achieve her super healthy and glowing skin! I finally got my own copy last week and I absolutely fell in love with it!
Being the girly girl that I am, I was so happy to learn more on how to use makeup properly and how to take good care of my skin. This book was very informative and it really helped that the book contained a lot of visuals, and not just words. It also reminded me of Michelle Phan’s book, but the difference between them is that this one is much shorter and concise.
Anyway, if you want to learn more about makeup, skincare, beauty, lifestyle, and all that jazz, I definitely recommend that you check out this book! Its selling price is P295, and I think it can be bought at all book stores nationwide.
Out of all the tips that Heart mentioned in her book, I listed ten of them down below just to give you an idea of what you would find if ever you decide to grab your own copy. So, these are the things that I learned from Love.. Love Marie. 😉
- Try to sleep straight so you won’t squish your face and cause wrinkles in the long run. (This is a skincare secret that people rarely mention! I’m starting to think that the reason I get more pimples on the sides of my face is because I always sleep on my side, with pillows covering both of my ears. I guess I need to start sleeping straight now! haha!)
- Know your face shape. It’s the key to perfecting your makeup look! (The way you do your eyebrows, contour, and blush all depends on your face shape!)
3. Spend on skincare, save on makeup. Because if your skin is already nice, then you don’t really need much. (I love this tip! It makes so much sense. I think it’s a common misconception that we need to put on a lot of makeup to cover our imperfections. But the truth is, what we should really focus on is taking care of our skin, rather than learning how to hide our real skin through makeup.)
4. Layer products in this order: cleanser -> toner -> serum -> eye cream -> moisturizer -> sunblock
5. In relation to no. 4: Let each layer of product set on your skin before moving on to the next item. In between applications, let at least three minutes pass.
6. Make sure the girl wears the dress, not the other way around. (I also love this tip! No matter how fancy or how nice your outfit is, if you don’t know how to carry it well, then it’s no use. To dress up must also mean to be confident in the clothes you’re wearing and to carry it well. Always remember that!)
7. Better to be the one who smiled than the one who didn’t smile back. -Grace Kelly (YES, ABSOLUTELY.)
8. If you look at some supermodels, their features aren’t perfect, but they’re beautiful because they’re oozing with sex appeal and confidence. That’s what makes you truly beautiful. (Confidence is what makes you truly attractive! So true!)
9. It’s who you are and who you end up becoming that makes you truly beautiful. (Although outer beauty matters to a certain extent, it will never be as important as the beauty inside.)
10. Always be true to yourself and never wear a mask! Be happy with what you see in the mirror and the rest will follow. (Learning to love your physical features will lead to confidence, and that will soon lead to becoming truly beautiful.)
xo, moira ❤