“I didn’t come this far, to only come this far.”
Hi everyone! It’s been a while since I legit blogged something so I thought I would do another Sunday Currently since the last one I did was around two months ago?? Wow, time surely flies by fast. Anyway, it’s around 8 PM right now, and I decided to squeeze in this post before I return to stuDYING. Save me, please. I’m so sleepy. 😦 Ang lutang ko. Okay, here goes!
READING stuff for Kas 1. I have to submit an essay which will serve as our exam on Thursday and it just stresses me out! I know that my professor for this subject has high standards and I really don’t want to disappoint him or myself.. *moira shakes terribly*
WRITING down all the things I need to accomplish in the upcoming weeks.
LISTENING to TheMakeupChair’s voice as I am watching her Valentine’s Day Makeup Tutorial on Youtube.
THINKING of new video ideas for my channel! I’m leaning on focusing on quick makeup tutorials because they’re my favorite ones to binge watch. Any suggestions on videos I can film next? 🙂
WISHING to buy a new laptop because the one I am currently using is slowly giving up on me 😦 Pati laptop, sinusukuan ako?? HAHAHAH.
HOPING to manage my time well in the next months since I don’t like doing things half-baked.
WEARING a blue shirt from high school and neon pink shorts from H&M.
LOVING how my skin feels right now! Haha, it sounds so conceited, but I just exfoliated a while ago using the Black Mallows Fluffy Scrub from Skin Genie, and now my arms and legs feel so smooth ❤ HAHA.
WANTING to sleep. 😦
NEEDING a break from acads. 😦 And to think that I’ve only been back in school for four weeks! Hay, 15 weeks to go.. Syempre may countdown na hahaha.
FEELING stressed and overwhelmed with all the things I need to do this week. Ugh, I always get this feeling during the start of a new week when I just think of all the deadlines I have to the point that sometimes I break down and cry. 😦 But I still end up finishing all those things so I know that all this worrying is for nothing. haha! Remember, this too shall pass!
And here’s a little quote of the day to get us all inspired: You only fail when you stop trying.
I hope you have a great week ahead!
Check out my previous Sunday Currently! My Sunday Currently | November 27, 2016
Hi everyone! I uploaded a new video on my channel so please check it out, and don’t forget to hit like and subscribe as well!
Thank you so much! ❤
P.S. I hope you know you’re capable and brave and significant. Even when it feels like you’re not. 🙂
xo, moira ❤
Hi everyone! Today, I decided to blog about how I celebrated my 19th birthday last January 9 because as weird as it may sound, I really did not expect for me to be super happy during that day. Mygahd Moira tigilan mo ang pagiging emosyonal mo! haha! So here’s what went down.
I originally planned on seeing my best friends during my birthday and just chill and film fun videos with them. However, I already felt like it wasn’t going to push through as I wasn’t sure if our schedules would meet. And then, I suddenly read an announcement on Facebook regarding my enrollment last Sunday. I supposedly only needed to go to UP on January 10 but since my adviser couldn’t make it that day, I had to see her on January 9 instead. But I would still need to go back on January 10 for validation and for paying my tuition. When I read that announcement, I literally shouted “HA????” as it was so last minute and instead of hanging out with my friends, I needed to go to school on my birthday so that I can enroll?? Ang lungkot kasi na-hassle pa ko sa birthday ko! But I had to remind myself to stop being so dramatic about it because it’s not the end of the world, hello! So I just accepted that fact for I don’t want to get affected by petty reasons anymore.
It’s a good thing that my parents and I also went to a reunion with their college barkada at Timberland last Sunday because I finally got to go swimming again and forget about all the stress! Plus, masarap pa ang food! I got to unwind there and I realized that despite of all the things that weren’t going my way, my life is still blessed and amazing if only I looked at the brighter side of it.
When the clock struck midnight, I immediately greeted myself with a Happy Birthday and even faked a smile because I wanted to change my mindset and just be happy. My parents then came into my room to greet me too! And suddenly, a few friends also began to greet me online and I honestly did not expect that for I felt like they would be too lazy to actually wait for 12 midnight and already have a birthday message for me HAHA.
Then as planned, I went to school real early in the morning and I was surprisingly first in line! Himala! After that, I immediately went home and played The Last of Us all afternoon and I had no regrets! When it was already night time, I got ready for my mini birthday celebration.
Wow may pa-glam shot pa si ate gurl! HAHAHA.
The food was so freaking delicious that night and I had an amazing time hanging out with my cousins. Some family and friends also greeted me online and some even personally messaged me on Facebook and sobrang na-touch ako kasi swear, di ko talaga inexpect! Before I knew it, I went to bed with a happy heart and a smile that couldn’t be erased. 🙂
I really thought that I would be crying on my birthday (HAHA) because of all the things that were making me sad but instead, I was actually genuinely happy. Just when you think that your life is falling apart, it suddenly has a funny way of letting you know that it is totally not! I also realized that there really are a lot of people who care for me and who still remember me on my special day.
Remember, always look at the brighter side of life. It’s way more fun there. 😉
xo, moira ❤
Six years ago (June 2010), we were freshies who were excited to explore the new world of high school. We were all classmates, and though we knew each other’s names and faces, we were never really that close. I even remember that my first impressions of them were “feeler,” “feeler,” and “too corny.” HAHAHA. And what’s funny is that they also didn’t like me too back then! During freshman year, we were frenemies. Yes, we were friends, but we also secretly hated each other due to petty reasons like “Inaagaw niya yung friends ko,” or “Bakit lagi na lang siya yung kasama ninyo,” or “Di ko lang talaga siya ka-vibes.” Grabe, sobrang high school ng mga problema!
Fast forward to our last months during our senior year, we became inseparable. We loved spending time with each other, whether we were doing group works together, eating lunch together, or just simply making endless kwentos at the corridors or the school parking lot. We knew that our high school journey was about to end, so we wanted to make the most out of it before we go our different ways. It’s so crazy to think how a person that you didn’t initially like suddenly becomes the best friend that you can’t live without.
Fast forward to today, we are now all juniors in different colleges who have only seen each other less than ten times last year. I hate how we don’t get to spend as much time together as before, but what I love is how when we do see each other, it’s like nothing changed. They’re still my best friends who I can have deep talks with in the middle of the night, who I can laugh with until my stomach hurts, and most importantly, who I can completely be myself with. Our friendship is a kind of friendship that is hard to find, but luckily, six years ago, I found them and they found me. ❤
So I thought it would be nice to share with you what you can do to make your friendship stronger and maybe even last forever (or at least try!). So here goes:
- The first thing to note is that you cannot force friendships. You won’t find true friendship by acting like Regina George and choosing Cady Heron to be part of your clique just because she’s pretty. Most of the time, the best friendships are those that you never even see coming. Just like in our group, we all didn’t like each other at first but somehow, after spending years of being together, you just become inseparable and when you’re not together, you miss each other every single day. So if you’re trying to find friends that will be with you until the end, don’t force it. Just let it naturally evolve first.
2. It can take years before you can truly become “best friends.” Did you know that it takes 3 years before you can completely know a person? So don’t rush things just because you don’t have a so-called “best friend” or “barkada” yet. Again, just let things happen naturally.
3. It takes a lot of effort. If you have already found your group of friends, good for you! However, know that you won’t always be together 24/7. So if you want to keep the friendship, you have to put in a lot of effort. Ask them if they’re free to hang out on the weekend, chat them up online about what’s going on in their life nowadays, or call them just to let them know that you miss them terribly. Just like in any other relationship, communication is always the key.
BONUS TIP: REPLY! If a friend starts a conversation, magreply ka gurl! Baka mamaya effort nga nang effort si friend, pero ikaw naman yung hindi nag-eeffort back. Kahit sino, nasasaktan sa seenzone or sa 24 hours bago ka magreply sa text or chat. Huwag makampante na kahit hindi mo siya kausapin ay walang magbabago sa inyo, kasi may hangganan lahat ng tao. (GRABE DEEP!) So if you want someone in your life, let them know that you want them in your life. Don’t ever be the reason why your friendship is doomed to fail.
4. It takes a lot of patience and understanding too. Now that we’re in different colleges, it’s definitely harder to find time to hang out in person. We don’t have the same schedules and we also don’t have the same circle of college friends. So if you ask them to hang out with you and they’re not available, you have to understand them. Just because they say no doesn’t necessarily mean that they don’t want to be with you. Trust me, they really miss you but just like you, they also have to meet their own school deadlines and they need to make time for their loved ones too. Huwag magtampo agad. Pero kung nagtampo ka nga, tell them so that it won’t blow up to become a bigger issue. The less unspoken issues inside your head, the happier you’ll be!
5. Get a “Burn Book.” Remember how in Mean Girls they have this notebook that only the four of them are allowed to write in and see? Well, get one for your barkada too! But DON’T write mean things about other people. Instead, write down all the good memories you had with each other. Put pictures and polaroids of the unforgettable times you had together. Paste all the tickets of movies you have seen together. And to make it more fun, list down all the things that you want to do together aka a “Best Friend Bucketlist!” So that one day when you all have your own jobs and your own families, you will still be able to look back on all the memorable moments you and your best friends shared throughout the years.
6. Let go and let each other grow. There came a point in my life wherein I realized that we can’t be the same four girls in high school anymore. Back then, I would spend all the time in school with them, and whenever I got home, I would chat with them online as if we never really left each other’s side. And when I would go to bed, I’d sleep with a happy heart because I had a good day with them, and I know that I would spend the next day with them too. Being in the same high school made it so easy for us to be with each other.
But now, I only see them during birthdays or summer or the holidays. I don’t talk to them every single day anymore, and I don’t always know how they’re doing, which sucks, but it’s all a part of growing up. Remember this: the best thing about true friendship is that you can grow separately, without ever growing apart.
And last but not the least, always be grateful that you found your best friends. ❤
So to Ilka, Kim, and Carrie, I am forever thankful to the Lord that I found you. I am so lucky to meet 3, out of the 7 billion people in this world, who I can call my best friends. Or should I say TF’s? 😛 I miss you, always, and I love you, four-ever! 😉
xo, moira ❤
Hello everyone and Happy New Year!
And just like that, it’s already 2017. WHAT?? Anyway, how did you spend your New Year’s Eve? Mine was more quiet than the usual since we didn’t have any fireworks this year. We just ate a delicious and hearty meal and watched the fireworks coming from other people’s houses. haha!
So as 2016 comes to a close, I decided to film a video about the 16 things I learned throughout the year. I did something like this last year which you can find right here: 15 Things I Learned in 2015. I hope you learn a new thing or two from the vlog! Subscribe if you haven’t already, pretty please. 🙂
Again, Happy New Year and may your 2017 be filled with more blessings and happiness! Cheers!
xo, moira ❤
I cannot believe it has been months ever since I did a legit fashion related post. I know I have been busy with school and trying out YouTube and all, but to be completely honest, those are not the first actual reasons why I decided to stop posting “OOTD’s,” as people call them, on my blog.
I don’t want to detail every single thing that happened as to why I stopped, but to summarize.. I felt insecure.
Yes, fashion and beauty and all things girly make me happy, but they make me feel insecure too. It’s not easy to live in a world where you are constantly judged for how you look. It hurts how you can be so passionate about something but you don’t always feel like you’re good enough for it. It’s like loving something with your whole heart, only to realize that it doesn’t love you back. Hugot?? hahaha. It’s kind of too deep or corny or whatever, but I’m sure you have felt that too.
But at the same time, even if you’re hurting because you feel like you’re never going to be good enough for what you want to become, you still go for it anyway. I still go for it, even if there is no certainty as to what this blog will lead to. Maybe I really am just an average teenage girl trying to look good in outfit posts, filming makeup tutorials for no purpose, or typing this blog post that only a select few will read, and maybe that’s it. I want to believe I can be more, but I can only hope.
The point is, insecurities can eat you up. They can make you feel less or unworthy, but never let them stop you. Kahit na ang sakit at di mo na kaya, you have to keep going for it. For if you don’t, you’ll be left with a lot of doubts, regrets, and “what if’s.”
No matter how cliche the saying “Don’t give up” is, it’s true. Cliches are cliches for a reason. And remember that it may be hard to wait around for something you know might never happen, but it’s definitely harder to give up when you know it’s everything that you want (that’s my favorite quote btw haha!). So ngayon ka pa ba susuko?
Top from Cotton On, Jacket from Penshoppe, Shorts from Kim hahaha
I don’t know where this deep topic came from but it never hurts to try and write something inspirational! (weh moira??) Also, thank you to my best friend Ilka for taking these photos. You’re the best! ❤
As we leave 2016, why not leave all our insecurities with it too? Besides, you have to be the heroine of your own life, not the victim. 😉
xo, moira ❤