Hi everyone! Please check out my latest video on my channel and don’t forget to hit like and subscribe! Thank you so much for watching, mwah! ❤
xo, moira ❤
xo, moira ❤
Six years ago (June 2010), we were freshies who were excited to explore the new world of high school. We were all classmates, and though we knew each other’s names and faces, we were never really that close. I even remember that my first impressions of them were “feeler,” “feeler,” and “too corny.” HAHAHA. And what’s funny is that they also didn’t like me too back then! During freshman year, we were frenemies. Yes, we were friends, but we also secretly hated each other due to petty reasons like “Inaagaw niya yung friends ko,” or “Bakit lagi na lang siya yung kasama ninyo,” or “Di ko lang talaga siya ka-vibes.” Grabe, sobrang high school ng mga problema!
Fast forward to our last months during our senior year, we became inseparable. We loved spending time with each other, whether we were doing group works together, eating lunch together, or just simply making endless kwentos at the corridors or the school parking lot. We knew that our high school journey was about to end, so we wanted to make the most out of it before we go our different ways. It’s so crazy to think how a person that you didn’t initially like suddenly becomes the best friend that you can’t live without.
Fast forward to today, we are now all juniors in different colleges who have only seen each other less than ten times last year. I hate how we don’t get to spend as much time together as before, but what I love is how when we do see each other, it’s like nothing changed. They’re still my best friends who I can have deep talks with in the middle of the night, who I can laugh with until my stomach hurts, and most importantly, who I can completely be myself with. Our friendship is a kind of friendship that is hard to find, but luckily, six years ago, I found them and they found me. ❤
So I thought it would be nice to share with you what you can do to make your friendship stronger and maybe even last forever (or at least try!). So here goes:
2. It can take years before you can truly become “best friends.” Did you know that it takes 3 years before you can completely know a person? So don’t rush things just because you don’t have a so-called “best friend” or “barkada” yet. Again, just let things happen naturally.
3. It takes a lot of effort. If you have already found your group of friends, good for you! However, know that you won’t always be together 24/7. So if you want to keep the friendship, you have to put in a lot of effort. Ask them if they’re free to hang out on the weekend, chat them up online about what’s going on in their life nowadays, or call them just to let them know that you miss them terribly. Just like in any other relationship, communication is always the key.
BONUS TIP: REPLY! If a friend starts a conversation, magreply ka gurl! Baka mamaya effort nga nang effort si friend, pero ikaw naman yung hindi nag-eeffort back. Kahit sino, nasasaktan sa seenzone or sa 24 hours bago ka magreply sa text or chat. Huwag makampante na kahit hindi mo siya kausapin ay walang magbabago sa inyo, kasi may hangganan lahat ng tao. (GRABE DEEP!) So if you want someone in your life, let them know that you want them in your life. Don’t ever be the reason why your friendship is doomed to fail.
4. It takes a lot of patience and understanding too. Now that we’re in different colleges, it’s definitely harder to find time to hang out in person. We don’t have the same schedules and we also don’t have the same circle of college friends. So if you ask them to hang out with you and they’re not available, you have to understand them. Just because they say no doesn’t necessarily mean that they don’t want to be with you. Trust me, they really miss you but just like you, they also have to meet their own school deadlines and they need to make time for their loved ones too. Huwag magtampo agad. Pero kung nagtampo ka nga, tell them so that it won’t blow up to become a bigger issue. The less unspoken issues inside your head, the happier you’ll be!
5. Get a “Burn Book.” Remember how in Mean Girls they have this notebook that only the four of them are allowed to write in and see? Well, get one for your barkada too! But DON’T write mean things about other people. Instead, write down all the good memories you had with each other. Put pictures and polaroids of the unforgettable times you had together. Paste all the tickets of movies you have seen together. And to make it more fun, list down all the things that you want to do together aka a “Best Friend Bucketlist!” So that one day when you all have your own jobs and your own families, you will still be able to look back on all the memorable moments you and your best friends shared throughout the years.
6. Let go and let each other grow. There came a point in my life wherein I realized that we can’t be the same four girls in high school anymore. Back then, I would spend all the time in school with them, and whenever I got home, I would chat with them online as if we never really left each other’s side. And when I would go to bed, I’d sleep with a happy heart because I had a good day with them, and I know that I would spend the next day with them too. Being in the same high school made it so easy for us to be with each other.
But now, I only see them during birthdays or summer or the holidays. I don’t talk to them every single day anymore, and I don’t always know how they’re doing, which sucks, but it’s all a part of growing up. Remember this: the best thing about true friendship is that you can grow separately, without ever growing apart.
And last but not the least, always be grateful that you found your best friends. ❤
So to Ilka, Kim, and Carrie, I am forever thankful to the Lord that I found you. I am so lucky to meet 3, out of the 7 billion people in this world, who I can call my best friends. Or should I say TF’s? 😛 I miss you, always, and I love you, four-ever! 😉
xo, moira ❤
I cannot believe it has been months ever since I did a legit fashion related post. I know I have been busy with school and trying out YouTube and all, but to be completely honest, those are not the first actual reasons why I decided to stop posting “OOTD’s,” as people call them, on my blog.
I don’t want to detail every single thing that happened as to why I stopped, but to summarize.. I felt insecure.
Yes, fashion and beauty and all things girly make me happy, but they make me feel insecure too. It’s not easy to live in a world where you are constantly judged for how you look. It hurts how you can be so passionate about something but you don’t always feel like you’re good enough for it. It’s like loving something with your whole heart, only to realize that it doesn’t love you back. Hugot?? hahaha. It’s kind of too deep or corny or whatever, but I’m sure you have felt that too.
But at the same time, even if you’re hurting because you feel like you’re never going to be good enough for what you want to become, you still go for it anyway. I still go for it, even if there is no certainty as to what this blog will lead to. Maybe I really am just an average teenage girl trying to look good in outfit posts, filming makeup tutorials for no purpose, or typing this blog post that only a select few will read, and maybe that’s it. I want to believe I can be more, but I can only hope.
The point is, insecurities can eat you up. They can make you feel less or unworthy, but never let them stop you. Kahit na ang sakit at di mo na kaya, you have to keep going for it. For if you don’t, you’ll be left with a lot of doubts, regrets, and “what if’s.”
No matter how cliche the saying “Don’t give up” is, it’s true. Cliches are cliches for a reason. And remember that it may be hard to wait around for something you know might never happen, but it’s definitely harder to give up when you know it’s everything that you want (that’s my favorite quote btw haha!). So ngayon ka pa ba susuko?
Top from Cotton On, Jacket from Penshoppe, Shorts from Kim hahaha
I don’t know where this deep topic came from but it never hurts to try and write something inspirational! (weh moira??) Also, thank you to my best friend Ilka for taking these photos. You’re the best! ❤
As we leave 2016, why not leave all our insecurities with it too? Besides, you have to be the heroine of your own life, not the victim. 😉
xo, moira ❤
The moment I saw this dress, I immediately CRACKED UP. The statement written on it is so witty yet so amazingly accurate. It describes my personality perfectly because I am usually kinda classy when I go out and especially when it comes to what I wear. But I have to admit that I can sometimes be kinda hood when I am with my family or friends and I just want to have fun. I guess a person can really be a walking contradiction sometimes. hahaha!
I also love the fact how comfortable this dress is and how it also possesses just the right length for my height! haha!
This dress is definitely something you can dress up or dress down, depending on your mood! It can be perfect for example when travelling but you can also pair it with a leather jacket and some booties to achieve a grunge look.
This is actually my school backpack! I love how convenient its size is and how it says WICKED on it because it reminds me of Elphaba and Glinda. *smirks*
So how many times have I shown these sneakers in my blog exactly? hahaha!
Also, a special shoutout to my best friends, especially Ilka, who took these pictures for me! We finally got to see each other and bond after almost five freaking months!!!
Dress from Trendsetters’ Bazaar, Shoes from Mango, Sunnies from Uniqlo, Backpack from Penshoppe
What about you? Are you more kinda classy or kinda hood? Or are you both like me? 😛
xo, moira ❤